• When should I call 911?

    • If you or someone else is a victim of a crime
    • If you or someone else needs emergency medical attention
    • If there is a fire
    • If you feel that you are in an emergency situation. The dispatcher will always let you know if you need to call the non emergency line which is (228)868-5959

  • How do I sign charges on someone?

    You start by filing a police report. Once a report is completed, then the police clerk can type an affidavit if it meets the following criteria:

    • The charge is not a felony
    • The suspect (defendant) is not a juvenile
    • You have a picture ID (Driver’s License or State ID)

  • How do I pay my old fines?

    You can pay on your fines the following ways: (You will need your identification, payment method, and your court paperwork showing you owe the fine)

  • I have locked my keys in my car. What should I do?

    You will need to contact a locksmith. The Gulfport Police Department can only help if there is an extreme circumstance such as a child or pet locked in the vehicle or a life is threatened. Please call (228)868-5959 if you are unsure or call 911 if there is an emergency.
  • Do I have any warrants?

    You may call (228)868-5980 and ask the police clerk.
  • How can I contact Animal Control?

    Call (228)868-5959 Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. If calling outside of these hours – you will be placed on a list for Animal Control to contact you at their earliest convenience.
  • How can I obtain a copy of a report?

    • Only the person whose name appears on the report can obtain a copy.
    • Incident Reports can be picked up at the Gulfport Police Department by the person who filed the report. If you are a defendant or suspect in a case, you will need to contact Municipal Court – Prosecution Office (228)868-5855 about obtaining discovery.
    • Accident Reports can be picked up in person or obtained online using the Report Beam website. Accidents occurring on State Roadways are recorded by officers on State Forms. These reports can be purchased online for $10.50 or in the Records Division for the starting cost of $5.50 (depending on the number of vehicles involved.)
    • Parking Lot Accidents are not recorded by officers on State Forms unless the accident involves injury or serious damage. These reports can only be purchased in the Records Division for the starting cost of $3.00. If the Parking Lot Accident did involve serious damage or injury, the starting cost is $5.50.

  • Why do I have to pay for a report when the accident was not my fault?

    City Council mandated in 2008 that the City charge for all Accident Reports.
  • How much do reports cost?

    • Roadway Accident Reports are $5.50 for the first 6 pages and $0.25 for each additional page. ($10.50 if purchased online from Report Beam)
    • Parking Lot Accident Reports are $3.00 for the first 3 pages and $0.25 for each additional page.
    • Incident Reports are $3.00 for the first 3 pages and $0.25 for each additional page.

  • Are reports public record?

    Only certain information can be released to the general public.

    • Where the incident occurred
    • The time of the incident
    • A synopsis of the incident
    • Personal information is not released.
    • Suspect information is not released unless there is an arrest.