1. Contact any educational institution you have attended (including High School) and request a certified copy of your transcripts to be sent to The City of Gulfport Personnel Office at P.O. Box 1780, Gulfport, MS 39502.
2. Fill out the online application.
3. You may pick up a study guide from Human Resources, 1410 24th Avenue, Gulfport, MS, 39501, after submitting your application online.
4. Have a certified copy of your birth certificate and the copy titled “Copy 4” of your DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, (if applicable). Have a copy of your driver’s license and a 2×2 color photo (face/headshot).
5. Hold additional documents until instructed by Gulfport Police Professional Standards Division. The assigned background investigator will provide additional instructions on when to present documentation.
6. After passing both the written and physical agility test you will receive an email from Guardian Alliance to begin the background screening. You will then be contacted to complete the pre-employment testing. If you do not receive an email from Guardian Alliance, we recommend you check your JUNK/SPAM folder. In the event you can not find the email, please contact the Professional Standards Bureau with the Gulfport Police Department at 228-214-4474.
Contact for Employment Information
Detective Jason DuCre`
2220 15th Street | Gulfport, MS 39501
(228)868-5900 Extension 6300