1. Contact any educational institution you have attended (including High School) and request a certified copy of your transcripts to be sent to The City of Gulfport Personnel Office at P.O. Box 1780, Gulfport, MS 39502.
2. Fill out the online application and download the additional paperwork needed for employment. You can click the link above or go to http://gulfport-ms.gov/employment.shtml
3. Attach a certified copy of your birth certificate and the copy titled “Copy 4” of your DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, (if applicable) to your additional documents. Attach a copy of your driver’s license and a 2×2 color photo (face/head shot) in the appropiate space.
4. Have the additional documents notarized in the appropriate places by a notary public.
5. Drop off or mail your additional paperwork to Human Resources. The physical address is 1410 24th Avenue, Gulfport, MS 39501. The mailing address is The City of Gulfport Personnel Office, P.O. Box 1780, Gulfport, MS 39502.
6. While dropping off your paperwork, ask for the next Civil Service Test date and obtain a study guide for the test.
Contact for Employment Information
Detective Jason DuCre`
2220 15th Street | Gulfport, MS 39501
(228)868-5900 Extension 6300